Things in Use

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 11:43:25 PST 2004

Hi -

Often when I install something, the disk image refuses to be moved to my
Installers folder or somewhere else, like the Trash. It says it is in use.
But it isn't, really. Passage of time doesn't make it easier to deal with.

I have used DropObliter for these things in the past. But DropObliter can
be dangerous - I used it on an alias last week and it erased most of my
Documents folder.

What do you all do with "sticky" items that won't move or go where you
want them, because they think they are "in use?"

Rebooting sometimes helps.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com