[G4] Startup Items on OSX

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Thu Feb 12 12:23:56 PST 2004

At 14:40 -0500 2/12/04, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:
>I notice you can set up Login Items so that programs, etc. will automatically
>start up.
>
>But I don't ever log in or log out - I just start up and shut down.
>
>Any way to get Classic and some often used programs to launch on
>startup?

System Preferences / Accounts / Login items. Put an alias to an app or a document belonging to the app in the window pane. I have never done it with a classic app but I'll bet it works. Turn off the warning about classic starting though or a dialog will be waiting when you come back with your coffee.

Startup is probably logging you in automatically if you're the only user. There's a preference for that too.

--
-->  There are 10 kinds of people:  those who understand binary, and those who don't <--