[G4] wireless hub/router suggestions...?

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 17 15:48:33 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "k s d" <ksd003 at hotmail.com>
To: "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 07:22:52 PM
Subject: Re: [G4] wireless hub/router suggestions...?

> One thing I am having problems with is I'd like to be able to share
folders
> on a different drive or
> partition than my startup on the Mac. I read briefly and it looks as
though
> I'm stuck with the
> startup partition only... I really don't like this  because I'd like to
not
> copy/delete every file that
> I transfer to my startup drive - drive fragmentation. I try to leave the
> startup drive alone unless
> something forces me to install there.

Take a look at SharePoints:

"preference pane/app to share any directory". I'm using the pref pane. With
this freeware utility you can share any folder/partition/whatever you want
to share. I've been using it since Jaguar, still using it with Panther. I
use it to share my partitions on my B&W G3 server for the whole network (PC
and Mac). I see now that there's even a newer version than I am using.