[G4] OS 9.2.1

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Fri Feb 27 17:16:12 PST 2004

At 01:12 +0100 2/28/04, Steven wrote:
>If you buy a G4 MDD 2003 there apparently is no way to install a different version (a different language version for instance) of Mac OS 9 on it than the one that came with it.

I bought a G4 sawtooth from Small Dog what seems like a hundred years ago. It was delivered with an International English boot disk. When Apple offered system upgrades I was out of luck until the international version was released. It was a pain ITA.

I complained to Small Dog - I do live in Colorado Springs and they knew it - and they told me to be insistent on the phone with Apple Support.

After some time on the voice line, and after parting with $20, Apple was willing to send me a "replacement" 9.0 boot disk for US consumption. Updates from there were easy.

--
--> Marriage and kilo are troubled words. Turmoil results when centuries-old usage is altered in specialized jargon <--.