[G4] Panther on a Yikes & more questions

Manzie Greg gmanzie at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 1 18:41:42 PST 2004

Thank you for your valuable time and advise. All of your comments were
most useful.

Have a happy and safe new year.

Kind Regards

Greg Manzie
Director
Glyde Gallery Conservation
Fine Art Conservators and Museum Consultants

5 Glyde Street
Mosman Park
Western Australia 6012 (where its sunny and warm at the moment)

Phone (08) 9383 3929
Mobile 0438 833 144
Email gmanzie at bigpond.net.au

Macintosh G4 400 MHz - 128 Mb Ram - OS 10.3.2 - Safari - Mail -
AppleWorks

Manzie Greg wrote:

<snip>

>> If anyone would like to comment on efficiently maxing out this
>> machine,
>> I also would appreciate the help.

Mark van Gemert wrote

<snip>

> On the other hand, FireWire devices are not bootable on B&W G3 and
> since
> the Yikes uses the same mobo I do not think FW drives are bootable
> aswell on the Yikes.

and Roger Harris wrote

<snip>

Panther will purrr on 512 mb and over, running the apps you speak of.

<snip>

Keeping your cost down is good as you save for the G5.