OSX Printer Options/Drivers

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 07:22:54 PST 2004

Anne Keller-Smith <earthpigz at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Should I be getting better options? What's my next step?
> Are we waiting on drivers? I thought Jaguar (I have OSX.2)
> had built-in Epson printer drivers.

Anne:  By coincidence, I archived another thread about the same or similar
problems.  Here's one of the messages with links to Apple's web site:

QUOTE:

From: Colin Hoogeboom <hoogie69 at mac.com>
Subject: Re: [X Newbies] Epson 740 Utility and Panther Problem
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:56:59 -0500

In order to get the 740 printer drivers, you have to specifically
select them thru the Custom install of Panther.  They do not
automatically get installed even if you do a clean install.

See <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25662> and
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25588>  for more info
on how to install them at this point.

Colin

On Jan 1, 2004, at 8:38 AM, Mac OS X Newbies wrote:
> Yes. Two disc install to a Clean, formatted HD

UNQUOTE

Just in case it helps, I'm forwarding the entire thread to you.  In any
case, if you cannot find the correct driver on your Jaguar disks, look at
Epson's web site.  Also, this could be a matter of "which" utility folder
that driver should be in to operate best.

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,