Epson scanner issues...

Stephen L. Phillips digame at frontiernet.net
Sat Jan 3 09:01:27 PST 2004

I, too, have had difficulty using my Expression 636 Pro with 10.3.2:
Epson finally confessed that there were only two possible alternatives
available to enable usage - Lasersoft's Silverfast and another source.
The Silverfast has drivers specifically tailored to each Epson model,
and also offers IT8 calibration software and targets... at an addition
cost! I was hoping for an electronic solution to resolve the calibration
between my 636, 22" Cinema display, and Epson printer, but it would
appear that the sole solution is to acquire this software and manually
calibrate...unless some else on the list is aware of another alternative?
Thanks - in advance - for all your help and suggestions!
Steve
Two Harbors, Minnesota
(FYI - running Panther on a Quicksilver G4/933, 768M RAM, 2-60G
internal's, the 636 on a SCSI card)