[G4] Epson Scanner Driver Reprise - Actual Error Msg

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 21:10:11 PST 2004

On 01/03/04, Roger Harris <roger at rogerdharris.com> wrote:

> John, I would have agreed with you last year until I found out it was
> Apple that was at fault. I have Epson, Microteck, UMAX, HP and Canon
> scanners to support and non of them had OSX covered.
>
> Apple did not have Twain and other things ready in OSX. If you think
> Epson's software is crap try the others. Epson just released OSX
> software for a lot of their scanners and printers; It is very good
> software with plenty of features.

I based my comment on the Epson Smart Panel abomination (created by
NewSoft) that came with my Stylus Scan 2500 three years ago, which was then
a poorly designed Windoz port and which Epson stopped supporting (for OS 9)
over two years ago. BTW, they haven't made anything available for it to run
on OS X. If they're putting out better NewSoft stuff now, I'm not aware of
it. My 2¢.