[G4] New to list and G4's

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Sat Jan 3 21:58:40 PST 2004

AIFF - uncompressed format when copied from a CD takes up the most room
(about 10 MB/minute of song)
MP3  - mpeg layer 3 audio compression, usually about 10:1 reduction
(about 1 MB/minute of song)
AAC  - advanced audio coding, "newest" audio format, even more
compression than mp3 with less audible loss

which you use will be all according to your ear. many people are fine
with either 128 kbps AAC or MP3 files, personally i rip all my cds in
AIFF format when using my desktop, and then have a separate library of
192 kbps AAC files for my ipod. the best thing to do would be to test a
few different settings and see what quality level you want.

sandor