New to list and G4's

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 4 07:35:58 PST 2004

Kevin;

AAC is a newer compression that is better than MP3. Smaller and more
detail.  MP3 is a compressed file to facilitate use on the internet or
maximize storage on your disks.  AIFF is the same format as on your
CDs.  If you are getting music for the first time (say off your
records) to put on CD record it in AIFF format at 44100 hz .  Exactly
what a CD format is, thus there are no changes from your recording as
it goes to CD - one generation only.

After you have music on CD in AIFF then delete it from itunes and
re-import it as an AAC file to get the benefit of the compression.

jj