[G4] G4 WD ATA drive

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 09:45:17 PST 2004

Any guesses to why PCI based ATA / IDE cards cost  over 2 times more
for the macs. The ATA cards for PC's are much cheaper. Are there any
known firmware hacks available for ATA cards like there are for certain
PC graphics cards to get them to work on a mac. The Mac PCI ATA
controller cards are like Gold, hard to come by and seemingly over
priced for what their worth. Even though I un doubtably could use one
of the cards with my two hard drives on one ATA 66 bus, but it is just
not worth it at  nearly $100....

The only product that has "some" price justification is Sonnets tempe
trio card http://www.sonnettech.com/product/tempo_trio.html

Dan Brieck Jr.