Pioneer 106 DVD ?

John Collins johnccollins at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 09:07:59 PST 2004

I have a new to me G4/800 and it has the older model superdrive PIONEER
DVD-RW DVR-103. I am interested in upgrading to the newer model, I
understand it is the 106-- I see many of them on eBay for around $120.
Is there any problem with my approach--anything that i should be aware
of?

And I have previously been able to swap out these drives in other Macs,
but this one does not seem as obvious. Can somebody point me to an
internet site that will help in this process?

Thanks--John in Tucson