[G4] Pioneer 106 DVD ?

Frank Dutra Frank at NantucketHydrangea.com
Tue Jan 6 09:33:17 PST 2004

I'd suggest using DIY Micro:

http://www.diymicro.com/contact.asp

I just put one in my G4 450 dual Gig Ethernet from them... $124 with
quick, free shipping and a good return policy.

The only issue I have had so far was having to upgrade to 10.2.8 to
get native support, although an earlier poster says you need Toast to
burn DVD+ and DVD RW. I haven't tried burning a DVD yet so more may
be revealed.

I used the CD drive swap guide from the XLR8 your mac site. but I
think you could just add this drive to the 800 as you have 2-5" bays
which the 450 lacks, assuming your not using both. IIRC, the jumpers
on the boot drive/default burner must be set to the master position
which is clearly labeled on the 106.

Frank