[G4] G4 Sawtooth Up grade from stock CD Drive To Combo

lavode at comcast.net lavode at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 08:31:48 PST 2004

As long as the Sawtooth has its original Video Card (ATI Rage 128 16mb AGP), it should work fine with no additional hardware.  I picked up a Yikes 400 with a CD-ROM and stock PCI ATI Rage 128 card, swapped out the drive for a DVD-ROM drive, and I can watch movies in OS X or 9 with no problems.

YMMV,
Lavode