[G4] G4 Sawtooth Up grade from stock CD Drive To Combo

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 11:23:22 PST 2004

That's odd!  A stock G4 Sawtooth is supposed to be able to play DVDs.

I too have a stock 400MHz G4 but I  have no problem at all watching
DVD's on it. However, I seem to recall that early on I had to install
an updated driver for it in order to play DVD's. It would play CD's OK
but not DVDs.  From the system profiler my hardware is a DVD-ROM
SR-8584A.

If I had a combo on hand I think I'd install it anyway.  I have to use
my wife's peecee to burn any CD's.  And I hate that.

John