[G4] Powerpoint X

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Sun Jan 18 05:42:44 PST 2004

     If you pull down the Powerpoint "Help" menu bar menu to "search
Powerpoint help," and type "sound files" into the "What would you
like to do?" box, the first item returned (just below that text box)
is, "Types of sound files that Powerpoint can use." Click that, and
you get:

>You can insert sounds in the following formats:
>*  Audio Interchange File Format (AIF, AIFF, AIFC)
>*  Apple QuickTime Movie Sound (MOV, MOOV)
>*  Apple System Sound (SFIL)
>*  Apple System Resource Sound (RSRC, rsrc)
>*  CCITT A-Law (European Telephony) Audio Format (ALAW)
>*  CCITT U-Law (US Telephony) Audio Format (AU, SND, ULAW)
>*  Microsoft Windows Waveform (WAVE, WAV)
>*  MPEG Layer 3 Audio (MP3)
>*  Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI, MID, KAR)
>
>Tips
>*  Some sound formats, such as MP3 and MIDI files, are not embedded
>in the presentation when you insert them. Instead, they are linked
>from a location on your hard drive or the Internet. If you move the
>presentation, you'll need to make sure you move these sound files
>with it. To make sure all linked files are included with your
>presentation, save the presenation as a PowerPoint Package.
>*  If the sound format you want to use is not listed here, you can
>still play the sound from a presentation by creating a hyperlink to
>it. Make sure you have a sound player installed that is compatible
>with the sound format you want to play.

     HTH,

						Joe Gurman

--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA