Connecting from my Mac to my Virtual PC Windows XP

Billy Bacon billy at billybacon.com
Sun Jan 18 05:33:45 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Here's my problem.

I'm trying to connect from my Mac to my Window XP installation which runs on
my Virtual PC application. I can connect the other way (VP WinXP to my Mac)
with no problems. I can't seem to figure out what naming convention I need
to use to connect my Mac to Windows. From the Finder 'Go' menu at the top of
the screen I click "Connect To Server". But I've tried various combinations
of a computer name for my Virtual PC WinXP and nothing has working. My
computers name (WinXP on Virtual PC) is 'VPXP'. Typing this in the 'connect
to server' textbox doesn't work either.

Thank you

- Billy -