Dantz Retrospect

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 19:42:38 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm reading the manual for this backup software and finding it cryptic.
All I want to do is make monthly backups of my whole hard drive but
an additional daily independent backup of my working files. I'd do the
whole backup daily but it just takes too long - about an hour.

Evidently one can do this, but I'm finding no simple directions in
the manual. The terminology is hard for me, in terms of what
is a "backup set," what "restore" really means, thinking in terms
of "scripting" etc.

If anyone has recently slayed this dragon, please send some
encouragement my way. I promise to re-read the manual
tomorrow again (200+ pages) and look on their web site
as well.

I am on a Mac using OSX.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com