[G4] Images D/L on desktop

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 20:14:27 PST 2004

At 6:28 PM -0500 1/19/04, barry wrote:
>> Is there any way to keep images from downloading on my desktop from junk
>> email?

>1.  open your mail online at http: or https://www.mail2web.com .

Hi, Barry, thanks for answering my post.

I use an old version of Eudora Pro that only receives text email. It does
no html email.

I don't think I can use web mail because I am on many lists and need
messages filtered to make sense of them. I may get 300 messages
in one day, not counting spam.

>2.  set your email software to open all email as TEXT, rather than as HTML.
>not only will that prevent those annoying gifs

As I said, I receive text mail only, and don't know why the gifs are
downloading. They never did before - I don't think.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com