[G4] Disappearing Files

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 20:24:50 PST 2004

At 9:54 PM -0500 1/19/04, James Asherman wrote:
>I think they are there. You just haven't fixed it up so that you are
>the admin user of your computer. Somebody else might have a more cogent
>or helpful response(I hope, ...I'm fried)
>  But aside from the "permissions" deally I would say that you are not
>master (or mistress" of your own domain.

All right. When I first purchased my Mac, I signed in and established
my password as the admin user. I am actually the only user. The
alias actually says it is owned by root or system, which makes no
sense.

I'm still on AppleCare, so maybe I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com