[G4] G4-400 AGP upgrade options

Chris Smolinski csmolinski at blackcatsystems.com
Wed Jan 21 05:45:16 PST 2004

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Actually I already have upgraded the machine to 1G, I did that two
years ago when RAM was dirt cheap, I happened to be out west in the
Bay area and picked up some at Fry's.  I suspect that a lot of
Photoshop tasks are very RAM intensive, and you get hit a lot with
swapping RAM  back and forth out to the disk.

I did decide to order an OWC Mercury 1.4 GHz CPU upgrade. So we'll
see what kind of improvement I get with that. I run a bit of software
that does a lot of number crunching, so I'm hoping I'll see some sort
of improvement.

--

---
Chris Smolinski