[G4] Help! Dead built in ethernet on G4 450DP?

k s d ksd003 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:03:46 PST 2004

There haven't been any electrical storms, but lotsa snow here in NW PA!
My apartment actually has very good electricity and I'm pretty sure the
landlord ran all new wiring when he remodeled a couple years back.
Although I probably should, I don't have a battery backup... just a couple
of serge protectors with fuses... I'd asume thatthe fuse would blow if there
was a problem serge. No I don't yet have router, I'm planning on getting a
Linksys broadband G router in the next week or so. Built in ethernet does
show but, but no IP addresses show up. I'm not sure what that  means,
but RR seems to think it was bad.

I installed the developer's tools, but I'm lost as to what I'm looking for.
AppleMacRiscPCI>Ethernet at F etc... Any clue on what I'm looking for or is an
issue of if I don't know it's too complicated and may as well not even
bother?

The same enet cable is being used on the PC.. everthing the same. I didn't
yet install any new OS's, but maybe I will. There's no CompUSA around here
and I think it's be hard to find anywhere that will sell Mac hardware such
as
enet cards. I guess I'll have to scour the net..

Man I hate PC's, but I have this one for troubleshooting web bugs and I
guess
I'm kind of glad I have it at the moment.

Thanks for the help...Any other suggestions? I guess I won't know until I do
fresh install another OS.. I guess I'll jump on that now.

Thanks again.
-kevin