Ethernet/router problems

Bill baronial2 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 22 13:37:59 PST 2004

I recently got, and am trying to get fully functional, a Sawtooth AGP
G4.  So far most has gone well but I'm at an impasse now in trying to
get an Asanté FriendlyNET 4 port router up and running.

Apparently the problem is the G4's connection with the router as what
ever port I put the cable connection from my machine into, it does not
lightup/is not recognized by the router.  Profiler shows the built-in
ethernet link as "down" and the router as "not available".  I switched
ethernet cables around to test them and the results were the same.  I
also have switched ethernet ports with the other computer on the system
and the other computer shows up well no matter where it is put, but mine
doesn't show at all.

Bottom line, my computer ethernet that works well when plugged into the
modem doesn't work when plugged into the router.  There might be other
signs of problems also but I won't know until this problem is solved -
the signs being that when using the modem only, the modem normally shows
it's running at the 100M speed but when the router is connected to it,
only the modem's 10M speed light is lit.

In all my reading so far, nothing like this has been addressed. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill
Lakewood, WA