iMovie Audio Frustration...

Chuck Kay chuckkay at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 17:42:32 PST 2004

I am getting quiet annoyed at some iMovie audio editing problems. I am
using iMovie 4 but as i recall these same problems occurred in other
flavors. It's great to be able to edit audio levels within video clips
but here is my problem. I am editing a basic wedding video. Anytime I
try to fade in audio at the beginning of a clip, I get this audible
distortion when playhead crosses over between the preceding and current
clip. It's like a little 'blip' sound artifact. I am pretty sure it is
coming from the embedded audio from the video track (the one I'm trying
to fade in). Also, when I paste video over an existing clip, the same
thing happens. I'm aware the audio is extracted in a paste over but
when playing the resulting clip, again, there is a very tiny, fast,
ANNOYING little blip between the clips. All I'm wanting to do is paste
video over an existing video track w/audio to get my second camera
angle. But there's still that little blip there. Arrggh....I've tried
every trick I know, any tips, help?? I've got Final Cut Pro, but I
don't know it and this project is due in a week.