[G4] burning single CD with both Mac and PC software?????

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Thu Jan 22 18:16:56 PST 2004

i think the original idea was someone trying to determine the best way
to transfer files from school to home and back. yes, cd is what shannon
originally mentioned, but a cd-r/rw isnt the only way of fulfilling the
need she spoke of:

> Is there a way that I can burn a single data CD over a period of time
> using both a Mac a a PC without having to reformat it every time I
> need to burn more data?

so others were simply supplying other options that she might not know
about. heck, you say not to spend money when it is not necessary, but
then offer her option as buying a $100 piece of software...? without
toast it is true, this cannot be done (or without another commercial
burning application) as the os x burning software only allows 1 burn
per cd-r.

with toast, tracker is correct, burning iso 9960 format on a cd-r
WITHOUT "closing the disc" (but "closing the session") will allow
multiple writes between macs and pcs. but i still think what would work
better would be a random read/write drive such as flash memory, or your
zip disk. (with proper compression, sizing, 100 MB should be a decent
size for director projects-all but my final piece were below 100 MB in
the classes i took on director/multimedia production) and i would
actually use 2 forms of media, just for extra special backup. burn a cd
and use zip/flash) it sucks losing 8 weeks worth of work due to
corrupted media =(

shannon-say hello to the rochester winter for me! i spent four years up
there-2 across the street from MCC at rustic village...

sandor