Pioneer 107 DVD burner

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Fri Jan 23 02:12:04 PST 2004

Anyone tried it yet?
Found it online at 130 euros, which is what the 106 was selling for last
week. The 8x dual format burning is pretty interesting. I was thinking of 8x
DVD-R for Mac compatibility and 8x DVD+R for our home DVD player, which we
bought last year and which, like most cheaper units, doesn't support DVD-R.
I've seen 8x media is now available too.

I'd be installing the 107 in my Sawtooth, with Radeon 8500 and Sonnet
G4/1Ghz upgrades. Using 9.2.2 and 10.2.8, don't have Panther yet; I read
that the drive isn't fully Panther compatible yet; it may be by the time I
get Panther, at least using Patchburn II.

Chris