[G4] Mac or PC Radeon 8500 card?

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Fri Jan 23 02:12:04 PST 2004

on 22/01/2004 04:13, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Subject: Re: [G4] Mac or PC Radeon 8500 card?
> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:58:06 -0800
>
> Go to http://apps.ati.com/102lookup/index.asp
> Type in the 102 part number from the sticker on the back side of the card.
> This will tell you what it is.
>
> Jason

Thanks Jason, but I can't find any 102 number on the card.
I tried to register the card at the ATI web site, but it's not very Mac
friendly (lots of info and utilities, etc. to help PC users register their
cards). The registration wizard needs the 102 part number or the BIOS
number, neither of which I can find on my card.

I found a 109 number: P/N 109-85700-00 silkscreened on the card itself,
which I assume is the part number.

The only sticker had just one code number: LN1C02950

No stickers with serial number or 102 number. Should they be there? Could
they have been removed?

Hope I didn't get screwed with a flashed PC card.
I contacted ATI re. identifying the card and numbers in order to register
it. I'll keep you posted.

Chris