Audiomedia III

5c4r7 scart at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 24 13:33:07 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap Digidesign Audio Media III card.  I want to run
it in a G4 400 so it must have a revision "QC" or later version of the
AMCC chip.  The Chip is located near the pins on the lower section of
the card.  The AMCC chip will have the number "5933" following with
either "Q" or "QC".  This chip upgrade is required for Blue & White G3
and G4 compatibility.  The "Q" chip will only run in machines lower than
a B&W G3.  I have found a few on eBay but they are a bit pricey for an
older card and I am a bit weary about buying an older card like this
site unseen (I live in Toronto, Canada).  I was considering buying a
M-Box but there are no ASIO drivers for OS 9 so I could not use it with
Cubase 5 or any other OS 9 software I use. If anyone is interested
please email me.

Thanks,

5c4r7