[G4] Safari issue

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 14:02:52 PST 2004

On 01/24/04,  Kevin Willis <res19rmg at verizon.net> wrote:

> 	I have been using Safari as my Browser in Jaguar and I prefer
> it to Internet Explorer.  However, there are a couple of web sites
> that Safari doesn't seem to work in.  The main on is for my bank.  I
> can log in to the site, but the section that has my balance and
> transactions is blank.  I have to use Explorer to view that site.  Is
> there any settings I can change or patches to download to make it
> work?  My other bank site works fine in Safari.  I would like to get
> away from I.E. and any thing else Microsoft.

You could always try spoofing that web site by choosing another user agent
(i.e., telling it your using another browser) in Safari. To activate the
Debug menu, quit Safari, launch the Terminal application, type the below
command in the Terminal window, and press return:

	defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

Quit Terminal, launch Safari, and note that Debug is now the last Menu
item. Select User Agent from that menu and you can select one of these
emulations:

Mozilla 1.1
Netscape 7.0, 6.22, and 4.79
Mac MSIE 5.22
Windoze MSIE 6.0
Konqueror 3

To disable the debug menu, type this in Terminal:

	defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 0