Wedding Audio

Chuck Kay chuckkay at mac.com
Sun Jan 25 23:32:17 PST 2004

A question to all you wedding videographers in Mac DV land. I am
putting together some footage from a wedding reception. This is a
copyright question but also requested common practice by the wedding
videography professionals. The music at this reception includes "live"
musicians and lots of DJ stuff! My concern is over the music the DJ
plays. Most of his music is the typical stuff...from 50's classics all
the way to Nelly's "Shake you Tailfeather." Is it common practice to
use audio from a setting such as this or put "production music" in the
background audio track. I do quiet a bit of sports videos and always
use the music I paid license for. But believe you me, the actual
dancing much better matches the live DJ stuff than any of the
background tracks I have. Most of the video footage is lots of small
clips. Thanks for yous guys info, opinions, & professional input.