[G4] DVD burner in G4

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 20:45:29 PST 2004

My personal experience (FWIW):

I bought a "Speedzter 5 CDRW/DVDRW" on eBay because it was advertised as having the Pioneer 105 model burner inside the box. The unit came in a FireWire/USB-2 housing with a power adapter. The case has two FireWire sockets, one USB socket, and right and left audio channel RCA sockets on the rear panel with the power switch.

System Profiler sees it as a "Pioneer DVD-RW/CD-RW" and that it supports Apple CD burning. I have used it for making CD copies and data CDs without any problems using Toast v5 and v6 in OS-X.2.8 and OS-X.3.2. The one time that I tried to copy a short DVD, it failed to complete the burn, but I think that happened because of my inexperience with DVD procedures.

I am happy with the performance of the drive and would recommend this model to other people looking for a DVD/CD burner.