DVD Studio

Lavode lavode at comcast.net
Fri Jul 2 20:57:39 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I have been trying to author a simple quicktime movie in DVD Studio.  I
first converted it to m2v format using Quicktime Pro, then created a
new menu in DVD Studio, created a new button imported the m2v and aif
files as assets, then added a Photoshop file for the background.  I
added the m2v as a track, linked the button to it, made a startup
action, and then previewed the whole thing.  It works fine.

So I used Build and Format for Standard DVD, and burned using my DVR
107.  Burn finished, but the DVD won't play in my DVD Player, an old
Phillips DVD711.  I tried using the Build and Format and saved to my
hard drive, then burned using Dragon Burn, which I have made numerous
DVDs successfully with that play in the Phillips, still get a coaster.

Any DVD Studio mavens out there with any advice?  RTFM-ing hasn't
gotten me very far, but I am a newbie.

TIA,
-Lavode