Map Return Key to Open

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Fri Jul 2 21:07:09 PDT 2004

Does anybody know of a way to make the [return] key open a file or
folder from within the finder window?  An odd request, perhaps, but
I've found that, when in the midst of dozens of folders, I can navigate
immediately to the folder I want with a few quick keystrokes.  My
instinct is to hit the [return] as soon as I've selected my folder, but
doing so just throws the filename into <rename>.  Even if an <open>
command cannot be mapped to the [return] key, is it possible to map it
to another; say, for example, as function key?

/tg