[G4] No Valid packages?

romad at cncnet.com romad at cncnet.com
Tue Jul 6 15:15:11 PDT 2004

> Re-install them?  I have no idea anymore what exactly was in there,
> (there were about 10 I think) and if I did, do you honestly mean to
> re-install every program that had a package listed there?
>
> jerry

Just run software update with the option to download and SAVE the
packages. It'll get all the Apple ones. After that is done, you'll just
have to catch the non-Apple items on the fly as problems develope.

BTW, I learned this the hard way. I had to re-run software update for
several 10.2.x upgrades because I'd trashed the receipts. It took hours
because I'm on dial-up. Now I download and save the updates before
installing them.

Dennis