[G4] No Valid packages?

Dennis B. Swaney romad at cncnet.com
Tue Jul 6 21:49:32 PDT 2004

At 18:47 -0400 7/6/04, Jerry Bunn wrote:
>I'm not sure what you mean by "with the option to download and SAVE
>the packages."  When I click "Check Now" it only shows software I
>never downloaded in the first place and some I have chosen not to
>download like "iPod update" because I don't have an iPod.
>How do I get the files I have downloaded on software update?

1. Launch Software Update
2. After it has determined what files you need, select one and click
on the Update Menu
3. You have three options under the Update Menu: "Download Only",
"Install", "Install and Keep Package"
3. The "Install" option is just the same as the "Install" button in
the lower right of the Software Update window. The last option
downloads, then installs the update and keeps the package on the hard
drive. The first option just saves the package to your hard drive.
The packages can be found in the Hard drive/Library/Packages folder.
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is
... oh, never mind."