[G4] Laser Printers?

Alastair W. Hendrie a_w.hendrie at which.net
Thu Jul 15 11:47:52 PDT 2004

Hi Scott,

I have a Samsung ML-1210 laser printer which is USB connected to my G4.
It was a very cheap purchase from E-bay for my kids to print their
university work on, as opposed to an expensive (in ink) inkjet printer.
One major advantage is that its cartridge can be refilled just by
removing a plug and pouring in the toner. See here:-

http://www.refilltoner.com/howto.htm

  I purchased the refill on-line from the above website for £22 ($40).

There are drivers available for OS X on the Samsung website.

The only criticism I have is that some PDF's take quite a long time to
start printing, probably because the printer doesn't have a great deal
of on-board memory.

All-in-all, I think it's a good low-cost printer.

Regards,

Alastair.