[G4] AppleCare

Bill Calamita bill at calamita.com
Sun Jul 18 17:40:32 PDT 2004

> I'm curious about what everyone thinks about the worth of AppleCare.
> Is it worth the extra $249 for the three year protection?  How many
> have gotten anything out of it during the 2nd and 3rd years, after the
> regular warranty expires.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about what is going on 'under the hood' of a Mac,
with both the hardware and software, but I've found the money well spent
just on the occasional tech support calls I made.  They have solved problems
that I and other knowledgeable friends or associates had thought required a
reformat of the HD and reinstall of the OS.

Also, my HD failed on my G4 tower in year three of the the applecare
warranty.  Not a $250 repair, by any means, but it was good not to have to
deal with it, beyond a drop off.