Wireless printing?

Sdw7 at aol.com Sdw7 at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 22:42:51 PDT 2004

I need a little help getting my wife's iMac G4/800 to access my LaserWriter via AirPort. The wireless link is to an Asante FriendlyNet FR3002AL router/hub w/wireless card to which I have Ethernet-wired the LaserWriter, a Motorola cable modem (which she can access just fine) and my trusty old B&W G3/350--both have 768 MB RAM.

I just updated both 'puters to OS 10.2.8, having heard it made remote printing easier, but when I try to configure the iMac for printers, it doesn't even give me the option of a LaserWriter. I have stumbled around the Apple Support site, but couldn't find what I thought I needed.

Any ideas, anyone?

Question 2 is how can she access the HP Deskjet 952C hooked up to my G3 by USB? I heard about Apple's LocalTalk bridge software but it specifically says it won't work with a router. Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Steve in Raleigh