[G4] G4 second drive "unsupported"

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Jun 2 17:07:42 PDT 2004

I suggest that you verify your friend's description of the hard drive.
There are some older models of drives that ARE NOT supported by the
Apple drive set up software.

You would have to use a third party formatting program like Hard Drive
ToolKit or Anubis to format an unsupported drive in a Macintosh.

Another problem could be that his G4 simply does not support two hard
drives on the same circuit and won't recognize anything more than the
original individual Master drive.