[G4] Liquid Cooled new g5 2.5 ghz

Steven steven at sifre.nl
Wed Jun 9 06:59:48 PDT 2004

sr ferenczy wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2004, at 9:16 AM, Steven wrote:
>
>>sr ferenczy wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.apple.com/powermac/design.html
>>
>>It seems to me that if I read the diagram correctly one of the
>>processors will be much hotter than the other...
>
> no more so than in a radiator-cooled car engine, where the coolant
> flows in a continuos loop past the first cylinder before the last....

I thinks so. In a car engine the cylinders are part of one block that
has to be cooled. I'm not sure if the cooling fluid passes the cylinders
one after the other (in a series) instead of passing the cylinders in
parallel at the same time. I would say the latter would be possible and
preferable. I'd surprise me if it were not done that way.

Anyway the comparison is not valid i.m.h.o. The processors are two
separate units whereas the engine is one block.

Steven