[G4] New, Strange Alert Box

VS vs1 at dax.nu
Tue Jun 15 00:29:39 PDT 2004

At 01.39 -0500 04-06-15, Michael Ron wrote:
>Has this happened to you? Do you know a fix? Suddenly I'm getting
>"alert boxes" with the yellow exclamation mark telling me "The
>document you are opening will open the application "Microsoft Word"
>(or whatever) for the first time. Are you sure you want to open the
>application?" Then tells me where the application is located with
>"Cancel" or "Open". I'm on  a G4, mirror door, 1.25  with OS 10.3.4.
>It's just started this. I don't know of anything I've done
>differently but probably did.

I haven't yet seen this effect myself, but I read that this is a new
feature in the latest (?) security update of OSX. This is a feature
to stop unwanted programs to start, and to tell you that something is
starting for the first time (since the security update).

As I haven't seen it yet on my computer I am not sure how the "first
time" is decided. I have certainly started programs, but maybe only
those in my dock??

I am sure someone else knows more, and can tell us...:-)

/ Vicki