G4 upgrade, or update.

Richard cms01 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 15 07:36:50 PDT 2004

Well, after Apple RIP the G4,
what next....

been looking at the specs, and performance rating,
of allot of G5's using xbench, and I must say,
the disk speed, and memory speed aka( transfer rates )
are off the charts... aka mega speed demon.

was thinking of upgrading my processor to a G4 1.4
and throwing in a SATA controller card, with 2 400GB drives.
and adding additional 512 megs more memory into my old G4 450 sawtooth.

but with all of that, I could get a low-end G5 ?

What was the faster G4 machine out there?, model # please

Thanks-
Richard