[G4] G4 upgrade, or update.

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 08:20:21 PDT 2004

Mega speed and 800 gigs of space?  Just curious, what do you do on your
computer?

Well, after Apple RIP the G4,
what next....

been looking at the specs, and performance rating,
of allot of G5's using xbench, and I must say,
the disk speed, and memory speed aka( transfer rates )
are off the charts... aka mega speed demon.

was thinking of upgrading my processor to a G4 1.4
and throwing in a SATA controller card, with 2 400GB drives.
and adding additional 512 megs more memory into my old G4 450 sawtooth.

but with all of that, I could get a low-end G5 ?

What was the faster G4 machine out there?, model # please

Thanks-
Richard

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers! Dr. Bott
| Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com