[G4] DVD burning..

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 17:57:03 PDT 2004

yes, a few years ago, prior to the big international sting-forget which one-
(ah, arresting college students, has always happened, and never will cease)
3 of my floor mates went down for having hotline servers, btwn the 3 of
them, they have about 1 TB or so of copyright-infringing material. all in
all, it ended fairly meekly, though with a lot of pressure from the school,
family, etc. none of the 3 were allowed to own a computer for some probation
period, they all spent a couple nights in jail, had to say big apologies and
had about a $10,000 fine btwn the three of them.

suffice it to say, the institute was pissed, but not at the students. the
feds did this whole sting type operation without the school's knowledge, and
the school's stance has always (quietly) been "dont do anything illegal, but
this hands on experience IS great for our students, so we are very hands
off"

sandor

Please tell me they were using Windows.