[G4] Start up tone too loud

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Tue Jun 22 18:04:07 PDT 2004

My computers have just the opposite issue. Both my G4 Sawtooth and
iMac DV startup up all most all of the time with no start up chime. I
wonder what causes that? I think it may be a sign / result of a dead
battery, because the iMacs battery is dead for sure, because if the
network is unplugged while restarting the time and the date are reset.
Not sure about the G4's battery but it may be almost dead I have to
check it.  So maybe a dead battery will quite that loud chime, LOL

Dan Brieck Jr.