[G4] Start up tone too loud

Michael L. Brown brownml at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 22 16:26:36 PDT 2004

Donna, For OS 9 you can use Startup Sound Mute form www.bitheadz.com.
You have to install it, reboot, set the preferences then reboot a
second time. The second time the startup sound is off.

As mentioned by Stefan, if you run OS X, install
"StartupSound.prefPane" from Arcana Research
(Freeware).

And as mentioned by Jay, you can put a clipped off miniplug in the
headphones jack, if you port your sound out via USB.

Personally, I use StartupSound.prefPane from Arcana Research, because
I am exporting my audio output through an M-Audio Revelution 7.1 card
to both computer speakers and the room stereo system.

--
Almost never pointless.