[G4] Start up tone too loud

Don Town dtownhome at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 22 16:24:53 PDT 2004

>> I have tried many times to turn the volume down on the start up tone
>> with out success.

>This might not be what you're looking for, but If you want a virtually
>silent start-up, put headphones in the audio-out jack. I used to do this to
>not wake up my infant daughter.

To cary that idea a step further, I have a cordless headset (that
has a great sound to it), a set of external speakers that have
a switch to easily start up 'silent' most of the time, and splitters
to allow two different machines to patch into one set of speakers

Once you try it, you'll find that external speakers are MUCH better.
There is no comparison to that old "cheesy" sound from one little
internal speaker compared to a decent pair of externals.

Don

A tree  reaching up to heaven must have roots reaching down to hell.
Nietzche

You can't change the past.
All you can do is use the present to try to fix the future.

    \,`/ /
   _)..  `_
  ( __   \
      '`.