[G4] Start up tone too loud

Shaene shaene at wirefire.com
Tue Jun 22 14:28:46 PDT 2004

I've heard good things about StartupSound.prefPane, as in it actually
works and doesn't cause any strange issues.

On my G4, Mac OS 9's volume setting is used for the startup sound, but
Mac OS X's are ignored.  As I have a very powerful sound setup, I
usually switch off the speakers when booting so I don't jar nearby
neighbours when I boot.

On a related note, I wonder when the next totally new startup sound
will come about...

Shaene