Stolen Powerbook

Melinda mgarrelts at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 21:51:32 PDT 2004

I know your pain.  My apartment was broken into and my
tower was stolen.  Although I suspect someone locally,
no trace of it has been found.  I work for a .com and
recently had to involve the local police in a
situation.  The officer, who was with internet fraud,
visited just days after my break in, so of course I
had to tell him all about it.  He said he had dealt
with Apple before regarding stolen machines.  However,
he didn't have a contact number and just suggested I
call the general applecare number, and one of the
options was a security office.  He believed they could
get the number based on info sent with your
registration.  I never did keep my box, etc, yeah, I
know.  I tried to call a few times, but honestly, make
sure you have plenty of time, as I gave up each time
after 30 minutes or more on hold.  There may be an
email address too, I have never investigated that far.
 If you do find something, I'd be happy to hear it.

Melinda

=====
Red meat isn't bad for you.  Green or blue meat, now that's bad for you.