[G4] IDE FireWire enclosure

C. Russell russells at strodtbeck.org
Tue Jun 22 21:55:01 PDT 2004

I had a round with enclosures last fall. I finally ended up with Micro
PLUS MP-320U2F which is both USB 2.0 and Firewire. I have 120 GB drive
in it for Backup..  can boot from it in OS X and OS 9.2.2. I had tried
two different ones of CompUSA but both had problems. Make sure they
have a fan to cool the Drive. One which was a CompUSA had the case just
fitting the drive and not fan and after about half hour the drive was
so hot you could hardly handle it.

Russell